Through this semester, I have grown to support the use of WebQuests in the classroom. One WebQuest that I found was a Math and Sports WebQuest (http://www.mathgoodies.com/Webquests/sports/). What really drew me to this particular WebQuest was that it incorporated sports (everything from the Super Bowl to the Oympics), a popular interest for high school students, into probability and statistics lessons. I would definitely utilize WebQuests in my future classroom and may even
create one if I cannot find a WebQuest to meet a specific purpose.
WebQuests can be incorporated into a lesson in order to engage students in Project Based Learning. In my opinion, Project Based Learning is essential to learning in general. It is important to be able to capture your students' interests in the material that you are presenting. Three important components of Project Based Learning are group work, self-assessment, and reflection.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.